Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 14: time off



Just to catch everyone up on what I've been up to. I spent day 8 cycling to Virginia tech. Went out that night and spent the next day recuperating. Hurt my knee from overuse and stress the following day so I took the next 3 days off. Rode (in a car) to michigan with another cyclist who had to attend to some matters. It gave me time to rest and I didn't fall behind the rest of the group. Tomorrow is going to be my first day back, crossing the Kentucky border at some point during the day. While in michigan I got my bike upgraded. I basically had my front single speed replaced with a three speed. In the rare of my bike I have an internally geared three speed and an 8 speed cassette. So now I have three shifters, 72 gears, and can basically go anywhere from 1 mph to 60 mph. A little ridiculous, but it was the only affordable way I could get lower gears on my bike so I wouldn't hurt my knees again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment