Monday, June 30, 2014

Day 17: 1 (800) Dentist

Spent last night at a hotel in Hazard, KY. Got a late start to the day and then biked six miles in the wrong direction. Ended up doing 62 miles today instead of 50. Lost my partner when I stopped to help a little turtle cross the road. 


Cooking myself some lunch

When I saw it was gon' rain


Decided biking on an exposed mountain during a thunderstorm was unsafe so I set up my rain tarp just off the road. About 30 minutes later my partner came rolling by soaked and was very happy to get under my shelter. 


Had a delicious lunch of peanut butter and honey burritos. 

Whoever was hiding behind this sign definitely did survive

More of the same as yesterday. Lots of hills, not a lot of people with teeth. Set up camp in the back of a church. 

Least favorite thing about Kentucky: couldn't buy beer because it's a Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment